Monday, 21 February 2011
What Next - Talented songwriters wanted!
The amazing Somerset house are running their What Next programme again. Some more info below. Don't sleep!
This year, What Next is getting bigger. We are launching a new opportunity for 5 emerging young songwriters aged 18 - 24 from London to develop their material with live musicians, mentor support, studio space and access to recording equipment and engineers, leading up to a performance on the Somerset House to 3000 people!
The deadline for applications is Monday 28 February, for announcement at our Songwriters’ Day on Saturday 12 March (details to be announced).
If you’re up for a challenge, and to be challenged, mail us (at email@example.com) with the following information:
• Name (and stage name, if different)
• Contact details (mobile, email, facebook)
• Date of birth (this programme is open to 18 - 24 year olds)
• Nominating person/organisation
• Link to myspace or 2 x mp3 demo of your music
• Written statement about your music, and why you’d like to take part
Deadline for applications: Monday 28 February
What Next was created by Somerset House Trust with Bigga Fish and Rock School, and produced in association with University of Westminster and Metropolis Music.