Tuesday, 3 February 2009
• Music4Good is a social enterprise initiative working in partnership with the music industry to provide managed, accredited and meaningful apprenticeships for young people from a range of diverse backgrounds.
• Working with community music initiatives across London, to access bright, passionate young people from a variety of backgrounds, Music4Good aims to train and provide a different generation of apprentices, challenging the stereotypes of recruitment, internships and work experience in the UK music industry.
• Music4Good manage the recruitment and matching process, making sure the right young people work at the right organization.
• The initiative also provides ongoing support to the apprentices, including weekly, accredited learning modules in Music Business, to A Level standard.
• Music4Good also provides excellent ongoing advisory support for all apprentices and the organizations housing them, advising on mentoring, assessing apprentice progress and designing effective exit strategies to ensure successful career progression.
• Apprentice quote:
“I’ve gained so much at Greensleeves, nothing more so than being given the responsibly to actually do the job; given my own projects and seeing them through to the end. It has improved my confidence massively.”
Greg Perkins, Music4Good graduate apprentice
• Employer quote:
Music4Good has added real value to Sony Music and we will be continuing with the Music4Good apprenticeship program.
Mervyn Lynn, Sony Music.
• Music4Good has built up recognition and support across the industry, including Sony Music, Universal, Warners, EMI, iTunes, PRS for Music, PPL, BPI, UK Music, AIM and many of the indies themselves.
• Music4Good has also attracted significant interest form central government, cabinet task force on apprenticeships, all three main political parties, the sector skills council, the LSC and more.
Music4Good main point of contact:
Project Manager – Mark Gurney, firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 7326 5979